1. The Information We Collect.
How we collect and store information depends on how you use the Site. Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
Information You Provide
We may collect information about you during your use of the Site if you choose to provide it to us, including your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile phone number. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information about you, including demographic information such as your age, gender, household income, education, job information, and political views; a photo or video of yourself; or information about the petitions you create, such as the petition category, tags, and comments. The decision to provide us with information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide certain information, you may not be able to access certain content, features, or services available through the Site. You may provide us with information about yourself when you engage in various activities on the Site, including when you:
· Log in or create an account;
· Start or sign a petition;
· Create or edit your user profile;
· Complete an online form;
· Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
· Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
· Contact customer support;
· Connect with the Site or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking service; or
· Post user-generated content.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Site, such by commenting on a petition or in a StandUnited community page, that information may be publicly viewable and can be collected and used by other users, the news media or third parties without our knowledge, including to send unsolicited communications.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access the Site, even if you are not logged in.
Device/usage information. We may automatically collect certain information about: (a) the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site, such as: IP addresses, unique device identifiers, browser types, browser language, operating system, Internet service provider, the state or country from which you accessed the Site; and (b) clickstream information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, language, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Site, the frequency of your use of the Site, and error logs. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and other electronic technologies. When you use the Site or view our emails, we and our vendors use persistent and session cookies and other similar technologies (such as Web beacons, pixel tags, and clear GIFs) for various purposes including to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze Site usage; (c) customize the Site to your preferences; (d) determine how you have interacted with our email messages, including whether you have opened them; and (e) control the advertising displayed on the Site or in our emails, as well as advertisements that may be displayed on other websites. Cookies are files that websites and email services may send to your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, other members of the Intermarkets Portfolio, researchers, and others.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
2. How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
We may combine information that we collect from you with other information we obtain from third parties and any other product or service we provide to further improve the relevance and effectiveness of products, services, and advertisements offered on or through the Site.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
· Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers that help us deliver the services you request, such as credit card processors, advertisers, analytics providers, data management services, web hosting, and web development. We furnish service providers with the information needed for them to perform these services, however, each service provider must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved.
· Petition Sponsors. We will share your information with petition sponsor partners only if you opt-in to such sharing.
· Intermarkets Portfolio Members and Affiliates. We may share your information with other sites and services within the Intermarkets Portfolio, as well as with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with StandUnited.
· Contests/Sweepstakes Partners. When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest marketers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those marketers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
· Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
4. Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Site, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here.
Tailored Online Advertising.
California Do Not Track Disclosure.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third party purposes, and that is why we provide above the NAI “Consumer Opt-out” link, DAA opt-out link, and Google opt-out link. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
5. Information Access and Retention.
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete your user profile information, email address, and password. The information you can view and update through your account settings may change as the Site changes. You may also request to access or remove personal information we have about you by contacting us using the information below in Section 11. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Site or any information you have requested. If you wish to close your account, please visit your account settings. After you close your account, we may retain and use certain of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. How We Protect Information.
7. Communication Choices.
8. Linked Sites and Services.
9. Users from Outside the United States.
We process and store all information in the United States, which may have different privacy laws than in your country. By using our Site, you agree to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your information in the United States.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to use our services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to use the Site or send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
11. How to Contact Us.
12. Your California Privacy Rights.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. To obtain this information, please contact us using the information above in Section 11.
13. Changes to this Policy.